I will require a completed consent form in accordance with the Veterinary Surgeons Act of 1966 & Exemption order of 1962 in order to complete the first session for your dog.
You can download the form here for your vet to sign
In gaining this consent I am ensuring that your dog is medically suitable for Therapeutic Canine Massage and adhering to Best Practice.
in order to protect your dogs best interests.
I adhere to the Animal Welfare 5 Freedoms and will ensure I will always consider these in my work.
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst - by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from Discomfort - by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease - by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour - by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal's own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress - by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.